We are pleased to announce our latest volunteer call-out to join our dynamic team of 2016 SNOW Gala volunteers. We are seeking highly motivated and driven individuals to join one or more of the volunteer teams listed below.
I. Gala Volunteer Team
Volunteers will assist at the gala itself on Saturday, September 24. These volunteers must be available for:
- Interview, to be scheduled for week of August 8 at our offices (Tanglin International Centre) upon receiving your application.
- First mandatory training
- Monday, September 5: Table Concierge Team Training at our offices from 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday, September 6: Raffle Team training at our offices from 7pm-9pm
- Wednesday, September 7: Auction Team training at our offices from 7pm-9pm
- Thursday, September 8: Registration Team at our offices from 7pm-9pm
- Second mandatory training: in form of a quiz and role-play activities
- Deadline to submit quiz answers is August 26
- Role-play activities (for Table Concierges, Auction, and Raffle Teams)-- Choose EITHER day:
- September 15 from 7pm-9:30pm
- September 17 from 10am-12:30pm
- Third mandatory training: for Table Concierges and Auction teams only
- Week of September 19 (date TBD): Venue walk through/demonstration from 7pm-9pm at Capella Sentosa.
- At the Gala itself: Saturday, September 24 at Capella Sentosa (all teams)
- Registration, Auction, and Raffle teams: 3:00pm to 12:30am (dinner will be provided, pickup from City Hall MRT and Harbourfront MRT at 3:00pm, and drop off at Toa Payoh, Paya Lebar, Dhoby Ghaut, Jurong East at 12:30am will be arranged.)
- Table Concierge and Cashier teams: 4:30pm to 12:30am (dinner will be provided, pickup from City Hall MRT and Harbourfront MRT at 4:30pm, and drop off at Toa Payoh, Paya Lebar, Dhoby Ghaut, Jurong East at 12:30am will be arranged.
*Instructions and confirmation details on how to join the trainings will be sent upon your confirmation as a volunteer.
To be a SNOW GALA VOLUNTEER apply here
II. SNOW Task Force
Task Force members will help out in our office on a part-time basis during business hours Mon-Fri in the lead up to the gala, but not during the gala itself. Task Force members must be available:
- Part time Mon-Fri anytime between 9am-7pm (hours flexible)
- Mandatory on-site volunteer sessions either at Capella Hotel or at the UN Women office from September 19 to September 24. Shifts:
- Either full day 8:30am to 6:30pm
- or AM Half Day 8:30am to 1:30pm
- or PM Half Day 1:30pm to 6:30pm
- Confirmation details on exact days will be confirmed closer to the date.
To join the TASK FORCE email firstname.lastname@example.org
III. SNOW Gala After Hours Crew
After hours crew play a pivotal role in the operations of the SNOW Gala. Crew Members will help out during the gala with logistics, and assist in the venue wrap up.
- Saturday, September 24 from 9pm-1:30am (snacks and shared taxi from Harbourfront MRT will be arranged. Transport home via shared taxi will also be provided.)
To join the AFTER HOURS CREW email email@example.com
We hope you will apply to join the SNOW volunteer team. Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. As always, thank you for your continued support!
Deadline to apply : 7 Aug 12:00am.
To be eligible, attendance to ALL trainings is mandatory.
|Each year the Say No to the Oppression of Women (SNOW) Gala brings together socially engaged business executives, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists for an unforgettable evening of glamour, gastronomy and goodwill in support of women and girls’ empowerment in Singapore and the region.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to mix among inspirational people from different walks of life across Singapore and Asia, while meeting like-minded professionals. The SNOW gala benefit has raised over $2 million to date to support the critical work of Singapore Committee for UN Women in stopping oppression and violence towards women at home and abroad.